The mission of the Doris and Harry Vise Library
is to provide quality resources and services that support the teaching and research mission of the University and contribute to the development of critical thinking and lifelong learning.
- The library enables the direct and remote retrieval of information in a variety of formats and collaborates in shared resource agreements to broaden the availability of materials to its users.
- The library is the gateway to exploring the world's knowledge and is dedicated to providing reference services and instructional programs that assist students and faculty in successfully locating and critically evaluating information.
- The library is responsive to the needs of its users in providing effective technology and facilities that enhance the pursuit of scholarly endeavors in a comfortable and intellectually stimulating environment.
- The library's collection development policies reflect the principles of intellectual freedom and academic integrity.
- The library supports enrichment programs that seek to promote and preserve the cultural heritage of the university community.
- The library continually evolves by responding to the changing needs of the university it serves by supporting staff development and engaging in activities that enhance the quality of the resources and services we provide.